Monday, February 20, 2012

And another...




The winter is a busy time for our house. Birthdays, holidays, anniversaries... it's pure craziness! Had McOlsen lived his birthday would have been between Mia and Maddox's already close birthdays. So it was Maddox's day. He is 6 years old! He wanted the lego theme party. I thought it would be easy but goodness was I wrong! You cannot buy plain lego party stuff so it must all be made. Earlier in the week I was having serious doubts but it really worked out and he had fun. I have to remind myself, that is all that matters.Everyone got their own lego cake. These were made out of a mini loaf pan then marshmallows that were cut in half. Then frosted. Time consuming but I think so worth it! Then below are the lego sugar cookies. I might have eaten one or ten of these but hey...I'm the mom of the birthday boy!





Once again I must apologize for my lack of computer skills. If my kindergartner wasn't in bed he could probably do it for me. I just wanted to show some of the decorations. I took cheap tablecloths and hung them on the wall then added matching plates to look like legos. Then I filled a hurricane with Maddox's actual legos. We liked it so much we left them for about two weeks! In the first picture above, I wrapped boxes and added circles for decorations. The possibilities are endless with this party theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment