Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happiness Is A State Of Mind

I have had a pretty negative week this week. For most of the week I totally dwelled in it in complete misery. Today I decided it was time for an attitude adjustment. I started thinking of all the things that God gives me that blesses my life no matter how small they are. Thought I would share the list with you.

  1. Cool fall days with the windows open and a yummy treat baking in the oven
  2. The smell of pumpkin candles even though I don't like the taste of it
  3. Fall decorations and colors and mums
  4. Laughing uncontrollably and being sore later because of it
  5. Checking out at the store and finding out that what I bought was cheaper than I thought
  6. Surprises especially when they are for no reason
  7. Watching the look on my childrens faces when they are excited
  8. The sound of a heartbeat of an unborn child
  9. Driving with the sunroof open with the music turned up loud
  10. Dancing with my kids
  11. Someone telling you that you are a good mom
  12. Holidays
  13. Spending time with family
  14. Road trips
  15. Being pampered (I know, I can dream atleast!)
  16. Coming up with craft project ideas and actually finishing them
  17. A good pedicure (I had my best one ever last month)
  18. The funny things that my middle child says
  19. A good pair of jeans
  20. The smell of a clean house
  21. Sweet friends
  22. The fact that my kids eat healthy and love their veggies
  23. Having a best friend for 19 years
  24. Parents who would do anything for you
  25. Hot cobbler right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
  26. Sleeping in on a rainy day

Sometimes life throws crummy things at us but I guess it is all a matter of how we are going to let it affect us. I will admit, I totally failed this week but as I sit here and eat a handful of candy corn, I am trying to focus on the little things in life. Thank you Lord for these blessings that make life worth living!Post Options

No comments:

Post a Comment