Monday, November 8, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day


I had a freezer cooking day today. This makes life so much easier. It takes one full morning and you have some meals to fall back on when you are busy and don't have the time to cook. In the picture is everything minus one baked ziti which we are going to eat tonight and two batches of whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes. Pictured is 20 brown bag burritos, 2 cheeseburger meatloaves, 2 baked zitis, 2 spaghetti pies, and 1 chicken spaghetti. I was going to make blueberry muffins also but didn't plan well and ran out of eggs. I could have easily made a few more meals but at the moment our deep freeze is at maximum capacity.

While it is a lot of work for one morning, I love freezer cooking. I like to keep muffins that I can pull out and put in the kids lunches or use for a quick breakfast. Another time saver is to make a batch of cookies and freeze the dough balls. Then I can pull a few out for an afternoon snack. The kids of course love it and there aren't leftover cookies to be hanging around for me to eat! Another idea is when you are making dinner, make a double batch and freeze the second one. If you are going to all the work anyway why not make a little more. Yet another idea is to brown ground beef, turkey or sausage then freeze. You can also add taco seasoning to your ground beef or turkey and have it ready for tacos or other mexican dishes. So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment