I know, I am playing catch up but better late than never, right? Anyway, we took the trailer and went camping at Marval Resort outside of Gore, Oklahoma. A couple of friends took their trailers also and meet us there. Our campsite was right on the Illinois River and was absolutely beautiful. I felt like I had left our crazy world behind and entered a different world. The trees with their leaves turning colors, children playing everywhere, people fishing, carving pumpkins, participating in all kinds of Halloween traditions. This place is the neatest place. They have a swimming pool, outdoor movie theater, hiking trail, playground, mini golf and an activity center with activities for the kids. I can't even begin to think how many hours Mia and Maddox spent fishing. I had no idea at how good they do casting their own poles.
On Saturday evening there was a costume contest for the kids, pets, and adults. And nope, our firefighter, red lego, and ballerina were not among the winners. Although I heard more than one person say that the lego should have won his age bracket. Then when that was all over, we went trick or treating to all the trailers and cabins. There were lots of people that had even decorated their sites and some really went all out.
We left on Sunday and made it home in time to unpack and leave to eat dinner with some good friends and go trick or treating in their neighborhood. Such an amazing weekend and by the end of it we were all wore out!



No comments:
Post a Comment