Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oh to be Seven



Yes, guilty as charged. I am posting twice tonight. I plead no contest! It has been so busy but I have so much to share.

New Year's Eve, 3 years and 1 day after Matt and I were married, God gave us the privilege of being parents. Something we did not take lightly after having fertility problems and losing a baby. God blessed us with a 8 pound 11 ounce round face, black haired baby girl and our world was forever changed.

To celebrate we had a mommy daughter day. After having waffles, strawberries, and cool whip for breakfast we headed out for a day of shopping. Mia had a mini shopping spree at Justice and of course I had to do a little shopping for myself also. We went to lunch at one of my favorites, Ruby Tuesday and had planned on going to the movie Tangled but ran out of time with all of our shopping. Since it was chilly I decided it was time to introduce her to another of my favorite places....Starbucks! They have a kids hot chocolate and she loved it. I never get to be with just Mia so we both loved the day dearly. We went home to get the boys and get ready for our night out on the town for our traditional New Year's Eve/birthday celebration trip to Chuck E. Cheese! Oh ya! Do we know how to party or what? It is the best time of year to go. It is so dead there the kids have the run of the place. I will be so sad when they grow out of it and especially when Mia wants to spend her birthday night with her friends instead of us. So for now, I am going to enjoy every last minute of it.
Happy Birthday Sweet Mia! May this year bring you all of life's best. We love you so much and pray that you continue to love learning about God and keep growing towards Him. May you keep being a good friend and a good big sister to your brothers. We know that this year you will keep soaring academically. We cannot even begin to tell you how proud of you we are. May you continue to play with barbies and baby dolls and remember to slow down and not grow up too fast. May you enjoy every minute of the year and make memories to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment