Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Holidays....They're not for the weak

We started our Christmas marathon at Thanksgiving and wont be done until next weekend. We are blessed with lots of family and Matt and I still have 4 living grandparents who want their time as well. I wouldn't trade it and some day it wont be such a marathon but for now I am going to love every minute and calorie of it! We rotate Christmas between our two sets of parents so this year was my parents year. Matt had a few days off before Christmas so we loaded up and I wish I would have taken a picture because the Clampetts didn't have anything on us.

We had the best time with my parents. It was very relaxing and focused on making memories. Christmas eve mom and I went to a time of song singing by candle light in a small old church in Fairview. It was such a wonderful time to take a moment from the hustle and bustle of what the world has done to this time of year and celebrate the birth of our King. Then we went home and had appetizers for dinner, yum! My kind of dinner. The next day we opened presents, had brunch with my grandma, and then came the 3 hour marathon monopoly game. Poor grandma probably wondered what she got herself into! For dinner we had the traditional fondue dinner.


The traditional reading of "What Jesus Want For Christmas" The kids love it!


GG made gingerbread houses with the kids. Maxi had a hard time refraining from eating his walls before they could be built.




Happy Birthday Jesus!



First thing Christmas morning.


One morning we even went to the doughnut shop for breakfast. The kids were highly excited and it was really kind of fun. The place was packed with lots of people that we knew.

I love the memories that were made for our children. The best thing of it all was when Mia said "Christmas is not about presents it's about Jesus' birthday!" My favorite Christmas song is Mary Did You Know? Just think about being the mother of our King. Did you know that when you kissed your little baby, you kissed the face of God? Amazing! We all have the choice to be given the privilege to someday kiss the face of God. Can you imagine? Wow!

1 comment: