Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saving Money Makes This Momma Happy

It's true! I have a shopping addiction. A bargain shopping addiction. Anything from toys and clothes to groceries. It's almost like a hobby to see how cheap I can get it. Earlier this week I went to Target and got some toys for presents. I could have done much better if I could have been there in the morning when they marked everything 75% off but life didn't let that happen. It was pretty picked over when I got there that night not to mention women with shopping carts heaped full. One thing I had been watching was gone but it's all part of the game. Some times it pays off to wait and it get it cheaper and other times...it's gone. So I got $186.88 worth of toys for $50.87. I'm not posting pics because I'm using the toys for presents for my kids and their friends. Don't want the possibility of ruining a surprise!!!

Yesterday I went to Old Navy. One of my favorite clearance clothes shopping for the kids school clothes. If you work it just right you can't buy used clothes as cheap as these brand new ones. Gap is another of my favorites and there is an outlet not far from us! They will do sales of 40 -50% off clearance prices which you can combine with other coupons which is what I did. I got the clothes 40% off clearance price and then had a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase.

Here's the goods. 13 shirts, 2 fleece jackets, a coat, and a school bag. Regular price was $225.50 but I paid $44.14. I love saving!!! Not to mention that I have a vary happy 4 year old because mommy bought him a superman shirt. It was cheap so why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment